Leaders in accounting and the investment industry
Kreischer Miller participates in a number of investment-specific conferences and events nationwide on an annual basis. We also host an annual in-house investment industry seminar for our clients and business partners. This seminar provides an overview of current investment industry topics and key changes impacting performance reporting, SEC compliance, and accounting and tax issues.
Tom is a member of the Pooled Fund Working Group Advisory Team, which is organized to assist with issues surrounding the GIPS standards and pooled funds.
Tom was formerly a member of the GIPS Verification/Practitioner Subcommittee, which supports the GIPS Executive Committee in governing the GIPS standards. He is also a former member of the United States Investment Performance Committee (USIPC). The USIPC serves as the country sponsor of the GIPS standards and works with the GIPS Executive Committee in governing the GIPS standards.
Todd is a member of the North American GIPS Verifier’s Roundtable. The roundtable explores the finer points of applying the GIPS standards, discusses issues that members encounter, and shares collective opinions with GIPS standard-setters.
In addition to the professional and business affiliations listed above, our team members also participate in or are members of:
- CFA Institute
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement Program
- North American GIPS Verifier’s Roundtable
- The Philadelphia Compliance Roundtable
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Southern New Jersey Chamber of Commerce
- Connecticut Hedge Fund Association
- Presentations to local university and college students on accounting and auditing topics