Tuesday, September 27, 2022
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Rule 206(4)-2 of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, known as the Custody Rule, can be extremely complex to apply. At times, an in-depth evaluation may be required to determine whether an adviser has custody and should be subject to the requirements of the Custody Rule and an annual surprise examination.
We hosted an informative webinar where we covered key aspects of the Custody Rule and best practices advisers can follow to be in compliance.
Our panel discussed:
- An overview of the Custody Rule and key requirements
- The application of the Custody Rule to private funds and privately offered securities
- Common issues and challenges of the Custody Rule, including handling of checks, related parties, etc.
- Best practices for advisers, including training, systems, policies and procedures, etc.
- Todd Crouthamel, Director, Investment Industry Group, Kreischer Miller
- Craig Evans, Director, Investment Industry Group, Kreischer Miller
- Margaret Iamunno, Chief Compliance Officer, GM Advisory Group
- Richard Chen, Founder, Richard L Chen PLL
Click here to download the slides from the presentation.